To apply for Treasury jobs online, you will need to set up a MY USAJOBS account. Please review the information carefully below before beginning the application process.
Before You Register
- Familiarize yourself with the USAJOBS website by reviewing the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Prepare to create a standard Federal resume using USAJOBS online resume builder. USAJOBS allows applicants to save up to 5 resumes at a time for maximum usability.
- Save your registration information in a safe location.
- Use your User ID and password to login. If you cannot remember or have lost your registration (User ID or password), DO NOT re-register; Click on the "Did you forget your username and/or password?" Follow the instructions to have your login information emailed to you.
- Set up your automated job alerts during the registration process. USAJOBS will notify you of available vacancies based on your preferences.
- Follow the instructions provided on USAJOBS for the resume builder provided.
- The resume builder consists of four steps: Getting Started; Experience; Related Information; and Finishing Up.
- Resumes on USAJOBS are centrally stored and can be used to apply for Department of the Treasury vacancy announcements as well as positions at other Federal agencies.
- An added benefit: You can store up to five resumes on USAJOBS.
- Preview the questionnaire for the vacancy you wish to apply for online. You will find a copy of the vacancy announcement questions on the "Qualifications and Evaluations" Section of the vacancy announcement.
- Set aside a minimum of 45 minutes to an hour of uninterrupted time to apply for jobs. Do not wait until the last minute to begin the job application process.
- Remember that all vacancies close at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement. You must be finished with your application prior to 11:59 EST on the closing date in order for it to be considered.
- If you cannot finish the session, get interrupted, or want to 'SAVE' work you have completed, proceed to the end of the job application questions and click on FINISH to save the information you have provided so far. Any questions marked with a red asterisk, are required in order to finish. You can return at anytime and edit your responses as long as the vacancy announcement has not closed.
- Always select the option to have your application emailed back to you at the FINISH. Save this document for confirmation purposes.