Veterans and disabled veterans are entitled to preference over others in hiring for federal government positions. Visit the Veterans' Preference Advisor to determine your preference eligibility and the Feds Hire Vets website to identify your eligibility for appointment using special hiring authorities for veterans.
To see all vacancies, visit the USAJOBS.gov website.
- Narrow search by job category, location, and Treasury bureau
- Attach required documentation
Based on job vacancy and veteran status, include:
- DD-214: Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty
- SF-15: Application for 10 Point Veteran’s Preference
- Civil Service Preference Letter (known as VA Letter)
- Treasury Veteran Employment Hotline (VEPO): (202) 927-VETS (8387)
- IRS Veteran Employment Hotline: (202) 317-VETS (8387)
- Treasury VEPO E-mail: email@example.com
- IRS VEPO E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-Paid Internship Opportunities
The Department of the Treasury has non-paid internship opportunities to wounded warriors and veterans through the Operation Warfighter (OWF) and Non-Paid Work Experience (NPWE) programs.
- Operation Warfighter Information
- Department of Veterans Affairs, Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Service
- Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Employment Coordination Service (VECS)
- O*Net Online
- National Resource Directory