DATE: March 23, 1988
ADMNISTRATIVE EDIT: July 9, 2019
SUBJECT: Authority to Effect Transfers in the Gold Certificate Fund
- DELEGATION. By the authority granted to me as Fiscal Assistant Secretary by Treasury Order 101-05, the Commissioner, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, is hereby delegated the authority to give instructions and sign wires to the New York Federal Reserve Bank, as fiscal agent, to effect transfers in the Gold Certificate Fund.
- SCOPE. This directive applies to all bureaus, offices, and organizations in the Department of the Treasury, including the offices of inspectors general within the Department. The provisions of this order shall not be construed to interfere with or impede the authorities or independence of the Department’s Inspector General, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, or the Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program.
- REDELEGATION. The authority delegated by this directive may be redelegated to officials of the Bureau of the Fiscal Service.
- CANCELLATION. Treasury Directive 16-56, "Authority to Effect Transfers in the Gold Certificate Fund," dated October 9, 1987, is superseded.
- OFFICE OF PRIMARY INTEREST. Office of the Commissioner, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, Office of the Fiscal Assistant Secretary.
Fiscal Assistant Secretary