STATISTICS (3-18-2014)reported by nonfinancial firms (previously by nonbanks; see news #1.a below)
- Historical Data relating to all foreign residents:
- Data by country and region:
- By Country
- Grand Total (total of all countries). Also data before December 2013.
- Global (includes a set for each country). Also available in "CSV" and "txt (tab-delimited)" formats to download for spreadsheets. The list of country codes and country names is available at the tab "Using TIC" in the grey bar above, over the word "statistics". Also data before December 2013; also in "CSV" and "txt (tab-delimited)" formats.
- Europe & Canada. Also data before December 2013.
- Latin America & Caribbean. Also data before December 2013.
- Asia. Also data before December 2013.
- Africa, International Organizations, & Others. Also data before December 2013
- Data-Series Break:
- 2013. Effective with the release on March 18, 2014, the TIC report underlying the quarterly nonbank statistics on this webpage was redefined to include only nonfinancial firms. The TIC report underlying the monthly bank-reported statistics was redefined to include all financial firms effective with the February 18, 2014 release. As a result, beginning with the data as of December 2013, a number of data reporters that are nonbank financial firms were shifted from the nonbank statistics, now called the nonfinancial statistics, to the monthly banking statistics, now called the monthly financial-firm reported statistics
- 2009. Effective with the release on September 16, 2009, a number of data reporters were reclassified in the TIC system as bank holding companies, beginning with the reports as of December 2008. These data reporters are now included in the monthly bank-reported statistics and are no longer reporting as nonbanks.
- Quarterly data are in Section III of the "Capital Movements" tables in the December 2013 and earlier issues of the Treasury Bulletin.