Guidance for Furloughed Employees
Treasury.gov Website Status
In the event of a government shutdown many pages and documents on the Department of the Treasury’s website, www.treasury.gov, will not be updated. However, the following areas will continue to receive regular updates:
- Financial Sanctions, including the Specially Designated Nationals List (SDN List)
- Financial Stability / FinancialStability.gov
- Interest Rate Statistics
- Investor Class Auction Allotments
- Quarterly Refunding
- Financial Stability Oversight Council (FSOC)
- Office of Financial Research (OFR)
- Small Business Lending Fund (SBLF)
For a complete list of the Treasury Department’s functions and services that will continue during a government shutdown, please refer to the Treasury Department’s Lapse in Appropriations Contingency Plans. This document contains the lapse plans for Departmental Offices and all Treasury Bureaus.
Please be aware that, during a lapse in appropriations, any other information on this website may not be up to date, transactions submitted via this website may not be processed, and Treasury personnel may not be able to respond to questions or requests.
Once funding has been restored and the government shutdown is over, we will work to restore regular service as soon as possible.
Information pertaining specifically to Treasury Departmental Offices
- Frequently Asked Questions for Employees Excepted From Furlough
- Frequently Asked Questions for Furloughed Employees
- Shutdown Checklist for Furloughed Employees
- Employee Benefits and Resources During a Lapse in Appropriations
Information pertaining specifically to Treasury Contractors