Frequently Asked Questions
How to Receive Notifications About OFAC Updates
Yes. OFAC has multiple e-mail subscription services available. Please visit the following link to sign up for these services:
OFAC also maintains a Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feed. This feed is updated whenever the OFAC site is updated.
Check to see if the messages are in your SPAM folder. Mostly likely, it is your SPAM filter or your network configuration that is preventing you from receiving the OFAC broadcast messages. If you believe that may be the case, please discuss the matter with your IT department or network administrator. You may need to have your IT personnel allow e-mails from the following domain to come through the SPAM filter, "subscriptions.treas.gov;" in some cases allowing the domain, “treas.gov” through the filter will also work. If you believe that you have been removed from the subscription list in error you may contact OFAC at O_F_A_C@treasury.gov or re subscribe to our email services.
Failure to receive a confirmation e-mail is typically (though not always) the result of a configuration problem on the user’s end. The user should follow these steps to ensure that he or she is using the system properly.
- Be patient. For a variety of reasons e-mail sometimes take a little longer than expected to reach a user. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within a day of subscribing, proceed to step 2.
- Confirm that you have entered the correct e-mail address and address punctuation. A surprising number of errors have been the result of users accidentally using commas instead of periods.
- Check to see if you have a SPAM filter in place. SPAM filters have a variety of configurations. Some of these filters have been known to erroneously block e-mails originating from OFAC’s list servers. OFAC cannot provide technical support for local configuration issues. If you believe a SPAM filter is preventing you from receiving OFAC e-mails, please discuss the matter with your IT department or network administrator. You will need to have your IT personnel allow e-mails from the following domain to come through the SPAM filter "subscriptions.treas.gov". Once this is done you may proceed to step 4. If you can confirm that you do not have a SPAM filter in place or any other local configuration problem, please skip step 4 and proceed to step 5.
- If your network or e-mail client’s configuration is preventing you from receiving your subscription confirmation e-mail, it is likely that you will not be able to receive e-mail from OFAC’s list servers even if OFAC manually adds you to our listserv. These configuration issues must be resolved with your IT department or network administrator before you can proceed.
- If, after you have exhausted all of the above options, you still fail to receive OFAC’s broadcast notifications, please call our support hotline at 1-800-540-6322.