The following information relates to the 2011-2017 SSBCI and has not been updated based on 2021 SSBCI rules and program guidance.
To strengthen SSBCI-funded programs in states across the country, officials administering high-performing programs met to compile best practices for supporting America's small businesses.
- Partnering with Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs).
- Using SSBCI to Improve Access to Capital in Underserved Communities.
- Loan Participation Programs best practices report.
- Collateral Support Programs best practices report.
- Loan Guarantee Programs best practices report.
- Venture Capital Programs best practices report.
- Capital Access Programs best practices report.
Observations and Lessons Learned Reports
For State Loan Programs
Filling the Small Business Lending Gap: Lessons from the U.S. Treasury's State Small Business Credit Initiative Loan Programs, prepared by the Center for Regional Economic Competitiveness
the Executive Summary and the full report
For State VC Programs
Information and Observations on State Venture Capital Programs: Report for the U.S. Department of the Treasury and Interested Parties in the State Small Business Credit Initiative, prepared by Cromwell Schmisseur, LLC
Technical Assistance for Financial Institution Lenders
Click hereto get an overview of SSBCI for lenders. The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency(OCC) created a dedicated page on its website with an overview of the program and FAQ. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) answered frequently asked regulatory question here.
SSBCI has developed design profiles of eligible programs
- Capital Access Programs
- Collateral Support Programs
- Loan Guarantee Programs
- Loan Participation Programs
- Venture Capital Programs
Webinars and Conference Calls
- Webinars hosted by SSBCI in 2017 on Sustainability of Loan Programs – notes and PowerPoints
- Webinar hosted by CAP
- Webinar hosted by CSP
- Webinar hosted by LGP
- Webinar hosted by LPP
- Webinar hosted by ABA
- Webinar hosted by Bankerhub
- Webinar hosted by CBA
- Webinar hosted by ICBA
- Capital Access Programs (CAP) on Tuesday, March 8, 2011 Conference Call
- Loan Guarantee Program (OCSP) on Thursday, March 10, 2011 conference call
- Collateral Support Program (OCSP) on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 conference call
- State-run Venture Capital Fund (OCSP) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 conference call
- Loan Participation Program (OCSP) on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 conference call