DATE: May 3, 2019
SUBJECT: Affixing the Department of the Treasury Seal
- DELEGATION. This Directive authorizes:
- Heads of bureaus, the Inspectors General, and their deputies to affix the Seal of the Department of the Treasury to authenticate originals and copies of books, records, papers, writings, and documents of the Department for all purposes, including the purposes authorized by 28 U.S.C. 1733(b); The authority of the Inspectors General is set forth in Section 3 of the Inspector General Act and the Internal Revenue Service Restructuring and Reform Act, and defined in Treasury Order 114-01 (OIG) and Treasury Order 115-01 (TIGTA), or successor orders. The provisions of this directive shall not be construed to interfere with that authority.
- The following officials in the Departmental Offices to affix the Seal of the Department of the Treasury:
- 1) Deputy Assistant Secretary for Treasury Operations; and
- 2) Operations Business Director, Division of Support Services, Treasury Operations.
- The Deputy Assistant Secretary for Treasury Operations; heads of bureaus, and the Inspectors General, to procure and maintain custody of the dies for the Treasury seal.
- REDELEGATION. Heads of bureaus, the Inspectors General, and DO officials named in b. and their deputies may redelegate in writing the authority in paragraph 1.a. to appropriate subordinate officials.
- CANCELLATION. Treasury Directive 12-51, "Affixing the Department of the Treasury Seal," dated December 5, 2013, is superseded.
- OFFICE OF PRIMARY INTEREST. Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Treasury Operations, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Management.
David F. Eisner
Assistant Secretary for Management