1. TIC MONTHLY AND QUARTERLY REPORTS
- TIC B Forms, filed by Banks & Other Financial Firms. (Forms BC, BL-1, BL-2, BQ-1, BQ-2 and BQ-3)
- TIC C Forms, filed by Nonfinancial Firms. (Forms CQ-1 and CQ-2)
- TIC Form D, filed by those in Derivatives markets.
- TIC Form S , (Discontinued 02-21-2023, but record keeping continues) filed by those selling and purchasing long-term Securities.
- TIC Form SLT, filed by those engaged in cross-border holding of long-term Securities.
2. TIC ANNUAL AND BENCHMARK REPORTS
- Forms SHC and SHCA : U.S. Ownership of Foreign Securities.
- Forms SHL and SHLA : Foreign-Residents' Holdings of U.S. Securities.
- (New 05-16-2023) The Federal Register Notice of mandatory reporting requirements for the SHLA(2023) annual survey was published on May 16, 2023. Entities required to report will be contacted individually by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Entities not contacted by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York have no reporting responsibilities. Forms and Instructions are available in part A at: Foreign Portfolio Holdings of U.S. Securities, including Selected Money Market Instruments, as of June 30 2023.
- (New 02-21-2023) The monthly TIC S form will be discontinued, with as-of date 01/31/2023 being the last reporting month. Institutions that previously filed the TIC S form are required to keep records for 3 years to respond to any potential inquiries regarding historical submissions.
The Department of Treasury and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York thank filers of the TIC S form for the many years of reporting. See the webpage for TIC S-Form.
- (NEW, 12-20-2022, ONE Country Name CHANGE IN ALL B-forms, ALL C-forms, Form D, Form S, and Form SLT). Only one change is made in each Form: the name “Swaziland” is changed to “Eswatini”. The TIC country code is not changed because this is just a name change. This revision applies to all TIC reporting forms. This revision is effective for monthly and quarterly reports beginning with reports as-of November 2022, OR as-of December 2022 if your report for November is already prepared. This revision is effective for quarterly reports as-of December 2022 and afterwards. [FYI: Previously, “Swaziland” was before Tanzania in the country list for Africa; now “Eswatini” is before Ethiopia in the county list for Africa.]
- (New 12-16-2022) The Federal Register Notice of mandatory reporting requirements for the SHCA(2022) annual survey was published on December 16, 2022. Entities required to report will be contacted individually by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Entities not contacted by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York have no reporting responsibilities. Forms and Instructions are also available: U.S. Ownership of Foreign Securities, including Selected Money Market Instruments, as of December 31, 2022.
- (REVISED 05-19-2021) The revised Form and Instructions, which are effective for reports as-of November 2022 and afterwards, are available for Form SLT: Aggregate Holdings, Purchases and Sales, and Fair Value Changes of Long-Term Securities by U.S. and Foreign Residents. The form and instructions of May 2021 are revised to include clarifications requested by the public in their comments to the Federal Register Notice of January 28, 2021.
- (03-12-2021). The TIC Web site has been redesigned slightly and activated this past week. We invite users to inform us of any missing or broken links.
-- Update your Bookmarks. If you use a bookmark in your browser to go to a certain webpage, you will open a redirect-page that says something like "this page has been moved". Clicking on the word "moved" will take you to the new webpage. Then you can change your bookmark to go to the new url location.
-- The new webpages are exactly like the previous ones, except: (a) the text is larger so more scrolling will be required; (b) the grey help-bar across the top of each previous-page has been renamed "Contact TIC & Help for Data Filers", and moved into the left-hand column, under the section name "TIC Forms and Instructions". IF YOU CANNOT SEE THE LEFT-HAND COLUMN, try widening the window on your browser screen until you see the column.
- The list of selected Foreign Official Institutions (FOI list) for use on all TIC reports was changed, effective August 2014. The Only change is the removal of Banco do Brasil, under Brazil. The list is on column B1 on the foihome webpage. (Posted 08-06-2014)
- IMPORTANT FOR ALL: The Reporting Central application is used for all electronic submissions of the TIC monthly and quarterly reports (all B-forms, C-forms, Form D, Form S, and Form SLT).
** SIGN UP for Reporting Central at the Reporting Central Resource Center. (Posted in 2012)