1. TIC MONTHLY AND QUARTERLY REPORTS
- TIC B Forms, filed by Banks & Other Financial Firms. (Forms BC, BL-1, BL-2, BQ-1, BQ-2 and BQ-3)
- TIC C Forms, filed by Nonfinancial Firms. (Forms CQ-1 and CQ-2)
- TIC Form D, filed by those in Derivatives markets.
- TIC Form S , filed by those selling and purchasing long-term Securities.
- TIC Form SLT, filed by those engaged in cross-border holding of long-term Securities.
2. TIC ANNUAL AND BENCHMARK REPORTS
- Forms SHC and SHCA : U.S. Ownership of Foreign Securities.
- Forms SHL and SHLA : Foreign-Residents' Holdings of U.S. Securities.
- (REVISED 05-19-2021) The revised Form and Instructions, which are effective for reports as-of November 2022 and afterwards, are available for Form SLT: Aggregate Holdings, Purchases and Sales, and Fair Value Changes of Long-Term Securities by U.S. and Foreign Residents. The form and instructions of May 2021 are revised to include clarifications requested by the public in their comments to the Federal Register Notice of January 28, 2021.
- NEW (03-12-2021). The TIC Web site has been redesigned slightly and activated this past week. We invite users to inform us of any missing or broken links.
-- Update your Bookmarks. If you use a bookmark in your browser to go to a certain webpage, you will open a redirect-page that says something like "this page has been moved". Clicking on the word "moved" will take you to the new webpage. Then you can change your bookmark to go to the new url location.
-- The new webpages are exactly like the previous ones, except: (a) the text is larger so more scrolling will be required; (b) the grey help-bar across the top of each previous-page has been renamed "Contact TIC & Help for Data Filers", and moved into the left-hand column, under the section name "TIC Forms and Instructions". IF YOU CANNOT SEE THE LEFT-HAND COLUMN, try widening the window on your browser screen until you see the column.
- NEW 08-03-2018) Proposed revisions of the Instructions are available for the annual survey SHCA(Dec.2018) "U.S. Ownership of Foreign Securities, including Selected Money Market Instruments, as of December 31, 2018". Comments are invited from the public by October 2, 2018 on the Federal Register Notice of August 3, 2018. No revisions are proposed for the forms (called schedules).
- (NEW 5-16-2018)
--- The Federal Register Notice of mandatory reporting requirements for SHLA(June2018), "Foreign-Residents' Holdings of U.S. Securities, including Selected Money Market Instruments, as of June 30, 2018", was published on May 16, 2018. All entities that are contacted by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York to file are required to report. Entities not so contacted by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York have no reporting responsibilities.
--- The Forms and Instructions are available for the annual survey SHLA(June 2018). They are the same as last year's survey (SHLA2017) except for several updates.
- (NEW 05-02-2018) There are Proposed Revisions of the TIC D-Instructions. Comments are invited from the public by July 2, 2018 on the Federal Register Notice of May 2, 2018. No revisions are proposed for the TIC D-form.
- (NEW 02-15-2018) Proposed Revision of the TIC B-Instructions, to BEGIN with reports as of June 2018. One revision makes electronic filing mandatory for all TIC B reports. Comments are invited from the public by April 16, 2018 on the Federal Register Notice of February 2018. No revisions are proposed for any of the six TIC B-forms.
- (UPDATE 12-15-2017) The Federal Register Notice of mandatory reporting requirements for the annual survey SHCA(Dec.2017) "U.S. Ownership of Foreign Securities, including Selected Money Market Instruments, as of December 31, 2017" was published on December 13, 2017. All entities that are contacted by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York to file are required to report. Entities not so contacted by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York have no reporting responsibilities.
- (02-22-2017) The proposed Instructions are available for Form S: Purchases and Sales of Long-term Securities by Foreign-Residents. COMMENTS from the public were invited by April 24, 2017 on the Federal Register Notice of February 22, 2017.
- The list of selected Foreign Official Institutions (FOI list) for use on all TIC reports was changed, effective August 2014. The Only change is the removal of Banco do Brasil, under Brazil. The list is on column B1 on the foihome webpage. (Posted 08-06-2014)
- IMPORTANT FOR ALL: The Reporting Central application is used for all electronic submissions of the TIC monthly and quarterly reports (all B-forms, C-forms, Form D, Form S, and Form SLT).
** SIGN UP for Reporting Central at the Reporting Central Resource Center. (Posted in 2012)