DATE: February 2, 2022
SUBJECT: Collection and Deposit Activities of Federal Agencies
- DELEGATION. By virtue of the authority vested in the Fiscal Assistant Secretary by Treasury Order (TO) 101-05, I hereby delegate to the Commissioner, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, authority to perform any collection and deposit activity duty or function of the Secretary prescribed or required under title 31, United States Code, including 31 USC 3301, 3302, 3303, 3304, 3305, and 3720.
- REDELEGATION. The Commissioner, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, may redelegate this authority. This authority may be exercised in the individual capacity and under the individual title of each official receiving such authority.
- RESPONSIBILITIES. The Commissioner, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, shall be responsible for referring to the Fiscal Assistant Secretary any matters on which action should be appropriately taken by the Fiscal Assistant Secretary.
- SCOPE. This Directive applies to all bureaus, offices, and organizations in the Department of the Treasury, with the exception of the Offices of Inspector General. The provisions of this Directive shall not be construed to interfere with or impede the authorities or independence of the Offices of Inspector General.
- RATIFICATION. To the extent that any action heretofore taken consistent with this Directive may require ratification, it is hereby approved and ratified.
- Treasury Order 101-05, "Reporting Relationships and Supervision of Officials, Offices and Bureaus, Delegation of Certain Authority, and Order of Succession in the Department of the Treasury," dated December 17, 2015
- Title 31, United States Code, including 31 USC 3301, 3302, 3303, 3304, 3305, and 3720.
- CANCELLATION. Treasury Directive 16-31, "Collection and Deposit Activities of Federal Agencies, Designation of Depositaries, Fiscal Agents and Financial Agents," dated January 4, 2002, is superseded.
- OFFICE OF PRIMARY INTEREST. Office of the Fiscal Assistant Secretary and the Bureau of the Fiscal Service.
David A. Lebryk
Fiscal Assistant Secretary