DATE: February 22, 1993
ADMINISTRATIVE EDIT: August 2, 2019
SUBJECT: Functions Pertaining to the Former Office of Defense Lending
- DELEGATION. By virtue of the authority granted to the Fiscal Assistant Secretary by Treasury Order (TO) 101-05, I hereby delegate to the Commissioner, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, the authority and responsibility for all functions pertaining to lending and liquidation transferred from the former Office of Defense Lending.
- SCOPE. This directive applies to all bureaus, offices, and organizations in the Department of the Treasury, including the offices of inspectors general within the Department. The provisions of this order shall not be construed to interfere with or impede the authorities or independence of the Department’s Inspector General, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, or the Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program.
- REDELEGATION. The Commissioner, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, may redelegate this authority, as appropriate, to subordinate officials.
- CANCELLATION. Treasury Directive 16-32, "Functions Pertaining to Lending and Liquidation," dated September 22, 1986, is superseded.
- AUTHORITY. TO 101-05, "Reporting Relationships and Supervision of Officials, Offices and Bureaus, Delegation of Certain Authority, and order of Succession in the Department of the Treasury."
- OFFICE OF PRIMARY INTEREST. Office of the Fiscal Assistant Secretary.
Fiscal Assistant Secretary