DATE: December 7, 1992
ADMINISTRATIVE EDIT: July 16, 2019
SUBJECT: Execution of Tax Withholding Agreements
- DELEGATION. By virtue of the authority granted to the Fiscal Assistant Secretary by Treasury Order (TO) 101-05, 1 hereby authorize the Commissioner, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, to execute tax withholding agreements with State and local governments.
- SCOPE. This directive applies to all bureaus, offices, and organizations in the Department of the Treasury, including the offices of inspectors general within the Department. The provisions of this order shall not be construed to interfere with or impede the authorities or independence of the Department’s Inspector General, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, or the Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program.
- REDELEGATION. The authority delegated by this directive may be redelegated to personnel of the Bureau of the Fiscal Service.
- CANCELLATION. Treasury Directive 16-41, "Execution of Tax Withholding Agreements," dated September 29, 1986, is superseded.
- TO 101-05, "Reporting Relationships and Supervision of Officials, Offices and Bureaus, Delegation of Certain Authority, and order of Succession in the Department of the Treasury."
- 5 U.S.C. 5516, 5517, and 5520.
- 31 CFR Part 215.
- OFFICE OF PRIMARY INTEREST. Office of the Fiscal Assistant Secretary.
Donald V. Hammond
Fiscal Assistant Secretary