DATE: November 10, 1992
ADMINISTRATIVE EDIT: August 2, 2019
SUBJECT: Authority Under the Government Losses in Shipment Act
- DELEGATION. By virtue of the authority vested in the Fiscal Assistant Secretary under Treasury Order (TO) 101-05, 1 hereby delegate to the Commissioner of the Bureau of the Fiscal Service, the authority of the Secretary of the Treasury under the Government Losses in Shipment Act, as amended, 40 U.S.C. 721 et seq.
- SCOPE. This directive applies to all bureaus, offices, and organizations in the Department of the Treasury, including the offices of inspectors general within the Department. The provisions of this order shall not be construed to interfere with or impede the authorities or independence of the Department’s Inspector General, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, or the Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program.
- REDELEGATION. The authority delegated herein may be redelegated to personnel of the Bureau of the Fiscal Service.
- CANCELLATION. Treasury Directive 16-53, "Authority Under the Government Losses in Shipment Act," dated September 22, 1986, is superseded.
- AUTHORITY. TO 101-05, "Reporting Relationships and Supervision of officials, offices and Bureaus, Delegation of Certain Authority, and Order of Succession in the Department of the Treasury."
- OFFICE OF PRIMARY INTEREST. Office of the Fiscal Assistant Secretary.
Fiscal Assistant Secretary