DATE: June 24, 2022
SUBJECT: Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- SCOPE. This Order applies to all bureaus, offices, and organizations in the Department of the Treasury, including the Offices of Inspector General within the Department. The provisions of this order shall not be construed to interfere with or impede the authorities or independence of the Department’s Inspectors General.
- DELEGATION. Pursuant to the authority vested in the Secretary of the Treasury, including the authority in 5 USC 301 and 31 USC 321(b), I hereby designate the Chief Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility Officer to be the Department's Alternative Dispute Resolution Specialist and delegate:
- to the Chief Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility Officer, authority over all matters that are commonly referred to, and related to, alternative dispute resolution, except negotiated rulemaking; and
- to the General Counsel negotiated rulemaking authority and dispute resolution authority for all matters within his responsibility.
- The authority delegated by this order may be redelegated by the Chief Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility Officer or delegate. Any such redelegation shall be in writing.
- The authority delegated by this Order for negotiated rulemaking authority may be redelegated to the General Counsel’s delegate.
- The authority delegated by this Order includes but is not limited to the promulgation of Department-wide policy and the development of guidance necessary to comply with applicable law and Executive Orders.
- With respect to the exercise of authority delegated pursuant to paragraph 3.a., the Chief Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility Officer shall consult with other concerned offices in Departmental Offices and the Treasury bureaus, as appropriate.
- Nothing in this Order shall be construed to affect the authority of any officer or employee of the Department of the Treasury.
- CANCELLATION. Treasury Order 107-06, "Alternative Dispute Resolution," dated November 16, 2018, is superseded.
- OFFICES OF PRIMARY INTEREST. Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility.
Janet L. Yellen
Secretary of the Treasury