Special Series for U.S. Securities
- Recent Net Foreign Purchases, by country
- Gross & Net Purchases by All Foreigners of long-term Asset-Backed Securities (ABS). (See Footnote #1 below.)
- Gross Foreign Purchases and Sales, by country:
- By Country
- Grand Total (total of all countries).
- Global (includes a set for each country) (4,000 KB). Also available in "csv" and "txt (tab-delimited)"formats to download for spreadsheets. The list of country codes-country names is in "Resources" in the upper-right section of the webpage.
- Europe & Canada
- Latin America & Caribbean
- Africa, International Organizations, & Others
- (7-12-2018) Transactions with four oil exporting countries, January 2003 to December 2014 (see footnote #2). Also in "CSV" format.
- Monthly Press Release webpage, including: historical data (csv); FAQs on lines in the press release data table; and Archives webpage of previous monthly TIC data releases.
- Net Foreign Purchases of U.S. long-term securities by major foreign sector:
- U.S. Treasury Bonds & Notes;
- U.S. Gov't Corp. & Federally-sponsored Agency Bonds.
-- Comparison with Federal Reserve data on official holdings (FAQ #10.b);
- U.S. Corporate & Other Bonds;
- U.S. Stocks.
- Other Acquisitions of U.S. Long-term Securities:
- Estimates by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York of unrecorded principal repayments to foreigners on domestic corporate and agency asset-backed securities (ABS). (The methodology was last revised on 11-16-2012, when use of the SLT data began.)
- Estimated foreign portfolio acquisitions of U.S. stocks through stock swaps.
- Net Purchases of Foreign Long-term Securities, by type of foreign security.
- Estimated U.S. portfolio acquisitions of foreign stocks through stock swaps.
- The ABS data in section B above are part of Grand Total transactions; have no country breakdown; do not include periodic repayments; and began in March 2009. The net ABS figures are also shown in section A above, on the "of which" line under "Grand Total" near the bottom of the table.
- (7-12-2018) Two aggregates that were shown in previous Transactions in Long-Term Securities tables were discontinued after 2014, and the covered countries are now included separately in the country data. The aggregates were: Asia Oil Exporting Countries (Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates); and Africa Oil Exporting Countries (Algeria, Gabon, Libya, and Nigeria). The new table on line C.8 has the effect of moving the discontinuation date back to 2003 from 2014; it is a one-time table providing historical data, and is not updated.
- (5-25-2022) Errors made in May 2022 in the production of data files resulted in some incorrect figures in the table shown in the May 16, 2022 press release. In particular this affected the first and third columns in the table showing figures for "2020" and for the "12 months through March 2021". (For example, line 3 under "2020" in the table is revised to $142.3 billion from $216.8 billion; and line 16 under "2020" is revised to $362.3 billion from $724.6 billion.) The press release text and other figures in the press release table were not affected.
- Quarterly and monthly data are also available in Section IV of the "Capital Movements" tables in the December 2013 and earlier issues of the Treasury Bulletin.