FROM THE OFFICE OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS
We recommend printing this release using the PDF file below.
To view or print the PDF content on this page, download the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader®.
The November press notice of the release of September Treasury International Capital (TIC) reporting system data will feature an expanded table summarizing monthly data being released on the U.S. Treasury web site ( www.treas.gov/tic). The reason for expanding the format of the table is to provide a fuller, more comprehensive accounting in the monthly press release of data collected by TIC. This new table will be used in all subsequent monthly TIC press notices.
- The new table contains exactly the same data series as in previous press notices in lines 1 through 19 (i.e., purchases and sales of long-term securities).
- Lines 20 through 32 provide additional data collected on a monthly basis by the TIC system that have been, for the most part, available on Treasury's web site but not included in the press notice.
- Line 20 gives estimates of non-market flows of long-term securities (e.g., stock swaps and principal repayments on asset-backed securities) not collected in TIC data. Line 21 sums the totals of lines 19 and 20 to give a more comprehensive picture of net long-term securities flows.
- Lines 22 through 28 provide data on monthly changes in foreign holdings of dollar-denominated short-term U.S. securities, negotiable CDs and selected other liabilities.
- Line 29 provides data on financial flows arising from monthly changes in banks' own net dollar-denominated liabilities (e.g., changes in foreign deposits with resident U.S. banks and changes in U.S. banks' deposits in foreign banks).
- Line 30 provides a comprehensive summary total, adding lines 21, 22 and 29.
The attached Table illustrates the new format with data released on the Treasury website October 17, 2006. A table that shows the historical values for each data series included in the new format is posted on the Treasury web site.