Apply for CPF Funding – States, Territories, and Freely Associated States

Treasury is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications from eligible state, territory, and freely associated state governments for Capital Projects Fund grant funding.

Tribal governments should refer to the Capital Projects Fund for Tribal Governments page for additional information about applying for CPF funding.

This page provides more information for eligible states, territories, and freely associated states about the process of applying for Capital Projects Fund grant funding. Applicants should refer to the Capital Projects Fund Guidance for States, Territories, and Freely Associated States for further clarification.

Submission Portal

States, territories, freely associated states, and Tribal governments may now apply for Capital Projects Fund grant funding through the Capital Projects Fund Application Portal.

Accessing the Treasury Submission Portal to apply for the Capital Projects Fund requires an account.  Please note that the online portal link will direct you to the verification website.  The individual(s) filling out the application must be registered with If you have previously registered with, use your current email and password.  If you have not used before, you are required to create an account first and after your account has been created and verified, you will be redirected to Treasury’s State, Local, and Tribal Support Portal to apply.

If you need additional assistance, please review Treasury's instructional guide, visit the Support website for accessing Treasury, where you can receive technical support, or reach out to the Capital Projects Fund program at

Submission Requirements

To complete a submission on behalf of your jurisdiction, you will be asked to provide the following information:

  1. Jurisdiction name, employer ID number, DUNS Number, and address
  2. Authorized representative name, title, and email
  3. Contact person(s) name, title, phone, and email
  4. Funds transfer information, including recipient’s financial institution, address, phone, and routing number and account number
  5. Total requested award and administrative cost amounts
  6. Completed certification documentation (to be signed by the authorized representative)

Eligible applicants must submit a request to receive funding even if they have previously applied for other programs through the Treasury Submission Portal.

Obtaining a DUNS Number

A DUNS number is a unique nine-character number used to identify an organization and is issued by Dun & Bradstreet. The federal government uses the DUNS number to track how federal money is allocated. A DUNS number is required prior to registering with the SAM database, which is outlined below. Registering for a DUNS number is free of charge.

An entity that does not have a valid DUNS number should visit or call 1-866-705-5711 to begin the registration process.

Registering For a Sam.Gov Account

All Federal financial assistance recipients must have an active registration with the System for Award Management (SAM) database at  SAM is the official government-wide database with which to register in order to do business with the U.S. government. All Federal financial assistance recipients must register on and renew their SAM registration annually to maintain an active status to be eligible to receive Federal financial assistance. There is no charge to register or maintain an entity’s SAM registration.

An entity that does not have an active SAM registration should visit to begin the entity registration or renewal process. Please note that completing a new registration can take up to three weeks.

Click here for an overview of SAM registration.