DATE: April 13, 1993
ADMINISTRATIVE EDIT: July 9, 2019
SUBJECT: Distributions of Foreign Claims Funds to Awardees
- DELEGATION. By virtue of the authority delegated to the Fiscal Assistant Secretary by Treasury Order (TO) 101-05, I hereby delegate to the Commissioner, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, the authority to determine the pro rata distributions of awards under the War Claims Act of 1948, as amended, and the International Claims Settlement Act of 1949, as amended, that are certified to the Secretary of the Treasury by the Foreign Claims Settlement Commission.
- SCOPE. This directive applies to all bureaus, offices, and organizations in the Department of the Treasury, including the offices of inspectors general within the Department. The provisions of this order shall not be construed to interfere with or impede the authorities or independence of the Department’s Inspector General, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, or the Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program.
- CANCELLATION. Treasury Directive 16-24, "Distributions of War Claims Funds to Awardees," dated September 22, 1986, is superseded.
- TO 101-05, "Reporting Relationships and Supervision of Officials, Offices and Bureaus, Delegation of Certain Authority, and Order of Succession in the Department of the Treasury."
- 50 U.S.C. App. 20171.
- 22 U.S.C. 1626 et seq.
- 31 CFR Part 250, Part 251, and Part 253.
- OFFICE OF PRIMARY INTEREST. Office of the Fiscal Assistant Secretary.
Fiscal Assistant Secretary