DATE: June 24, 2022
SUBJECT: Delegation of Authority Concerning Equal Opportunity Programs
- DELEGATION. By virtue of the authority vested in me as Secretary of the Treasury, including the authority vested by 31 USC 321(b), I hereby designate the Chief Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility Officer to be Director of Equal Employment Opportunity for the Department of the Treasury. The Chief Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility Officer shall have full authority to act for me on all equal opportunity matters, including:
- equal employment opportunity with respect to Treasury employment; and
- enforcement of the civil rights statutes with respect to programs conducted by the Department and its bureaus and offices, and programs that receive federal financial assistance from Treasury.
- SCOPE. This Order applies to all bureaus, offices, and organizations in the Department of the Treasury, including the Offices of Inspector General within the Department. The provisions of this Order shall not be construed to interfere with or impede the authorities of independence of the Department’s Inspectors General.
- REDELEGATION. The authority delegated by this Order may be redelegated to any Treasury official. These officials may further redelegate such authority. Any such redelegations shall be in writing.
- CANCELLATION. Treasury Order 102-02, "Delegation of Authority Concerning Equal Opportunity Programs," dated September 7, 2011, is superseded.
- OFFICE OF PRIMARY INTEREST. Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility.
Janet L. Yellen
Secretary of the Treasury