DATE: March 18, 2009
ADMINISTRATIVE EDIT: December 23, 2014
SUBJECT: Maximum Entry Age for Original Appointment to a Law Enforcement Officer Position
- DELEGATION. By virtue of the authority vested in the Secretary of the Treasury, including the authority vested by 31 USC 321(b) and 5 USC 3307(d) and (e), I order that the day before an individual's 37th birthday is the maximum entry age for original appointment to a position within the Department of the Treasury as a law enforcement officer, as that term is defined in 5 USC 8331(20) or 5 USC 8401(17).
- SCOPE. The authority of the Inspectors General is set forth in Section 3 of the Inspector General Act and in the Internal Revenue Service Restructuring and Reform Act, and is defined in Treasury Order 114-01 (OIG) and Treasury Order 115-01 (TIGTA), or successor orders. The provisions of this Order shall not be construed to interfere with that authority.
- EXCEPTIONS. Exceptions to the maximum entry age may be authorized.
- RESPONSIBILITIES. The Assistant Secretary for Management will issue any policy or procedures necessary to implement this Order, including requirements for exceptions.
- CANCELLATION. Treasury Order 102-05, "Maximum Entry Age for Original Appointment to a Law Enforcement Officer Position," dated February 7, 2000, is superseded.
- OFFICE OF PRIMARY INTEREST. Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary, Human Resources and Chief Human Capital Officer.
Timothy F. Geithner
Secretary of the Treasury