Date: May 2, 2000
SUBJECT: Administering the Expenses for Unforeseen Emergencies of a Confidential Nature
- ORDER. By virtue of the authority vested in me as Secretary of the Treasury, including the authority of 31 U.S.C. 321(b) and as provided for in the annual appropriation or continuing resolution for Departmental Offices, it is hereby ordered that:
- a. The Assistant Secretary for Management and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) shall perform the functions of the Secretary of the Treasury relating to administering the expenses for unforeseen emergencies of a confidential nature. Specifically, the Assistant Secretary for Management and CFO shall be responsible for directing allocations for unforeseen emergencies, and accounting for expenditures.
- b. In performing these functions, the Assistant Secretary for Management and CFO shall issue procedures, in consultation with the Under Secretary (Enforcement), for carrying out this authority. Such procedures may assign duties and responsibilities to those organizations making such expenditures, and to subordinates of the Assistant Secretary for Management and CFO and the Under Secretary (Enforcement).
- This order does not apply to funds which are appropriated for expenses for unforeseen emergencies of a confidential nature of the Office of the Inspector General or the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration.
- CANCELLATION. Treasury Order 102-06, "Administering the Expenses for Unforeseen Emergencies of a Confidential Nature", dated September 10, 1985, is superseded
- OFFICE OF PRIMARY INTEREST. Office of the Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Management and CFO.
Lawrence H. Summers
Secretary of the Treasury