DATE: September 29, 2020
SUBJECT: Delegation of Authorities Concerning the Information Security Program
- PURPOSE. This Order establishes the delegation of authorities related to the senior agency official responsible for directing and implementing an information security program in the Department.
- SCOPE. This Order and the authorities delegated by it apply only to classified information, and nothing in this order shall be construed to interfere with or impede the administration of the Department’s controlled unclassified information program. This Order applies to all bureaus, offices, and organizations of the Department of the Treasury, including the Offices of Inspector General, within the Department. The provisions of this Order shall not be construed to interfere with or impede the authorities or independence of the Offices of Inspector General.
- DELEGATION. Pursuant to the authorities vested in the Secretary of the Treasury, including the authorities vested by 31 U.S.C. 321(b) and Executive Order (E.O.) 13526 entitled “Classified National Security Information” of December 29, 2009, it is ordered that:
- The Department shall maintain an information security program to fulfill the responsibilities imposed by E.O. 13526, under which national security information is to be classified, safeguarded and declassified. The program shall be applicable throughout the Department and located within the Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence, pursuant to 31 U.S.C. 312(a)(4).
- The Assistant Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis is delegated the authorities of the Secretary to exercise and perform all duties, rights, powers, and obligations under the above referenced authorities, except for any matter in which, by law, executive order, or regulation the personal decision of the head of the agency or the principal deputy is required. This delegation includes issuing any regulations required to implement the Department's information security program.
- The Assistant Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis is designated as the Department's senior agency official under E.O. 13526, with authority to direct and administer Treasury's information security program. The Assistant Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis shall ensure that the functions listed in E.O. 13526 and its successor orders are carried out. The Assistant Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis shall serve as the senior department official for all laws, executive orders and regulations requiring a designated official to oversee information security within an executive agency.
- The authorities delegated by this order may be redelegated.
- 31 U.S.C. 312(a)(4)
- 31 U.S.C. 321(b)
- Executive Order 13526
- CANCELLATION. Treasury Order 102-20, “Delegation of Authority Concerning the Information Security Program,” dated March 19, 1998, is superseded.
- OFFICE OF PRIMARY INTEREST. Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis.
Steven T. Mnuchin
Secretary of the Treasury