Date: December 9, 2013
Reaffirmed: October 18, 2018
SUBJECT: Delegation of Authority to the Director, Bureau of Engraving and Printing, to Transfer Dies, Rolls, Plates, and Seals
- PURPOSE. This Order delegates to the Director, Bureau of Engraving and Printing authority to transfer or loan dies, rolls, plates, seals, and similar items to organizations outside the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.
- SCOPE. This Order applies to all bureaus, offices, and organizations in the Department of the Treasury, including the offices of Inspectors General within the Department. The provisions of this Order shall not be construed to interfere with or impede the authorities or independence of the Department's Inspectors General.
- DELEGATION. By virtue of the authority vested in me as Secretary of the Treasury, including the authority in 31 USC § 321(b), I hereby delegate to the Director, Bureau of Engraving and Printing authority to approve the transfer or loan of dies, rolls, plates, seals, and items of a similar nature to governmental and private organizations authorized to receive and use such material.
- REDELEGATION. The authority delegated to the Director by this Order may be redelegated in writing to an appropriate subordinate official.
- AUTHORITIES. 31 U.S.C. § 321(b).
- CANCELLATION. Treasury Order 135-04, "Revocation of Commissioner of Public Debt Over the Transfer of Dies, Rolls, Plates, Seals, etc., Transferred to Director, Bureau of Engraving and Printing," dated March 22, 1951, is superseded.
- OFFICE OF PRIMARY INTEREST. Bureau of Engraving and Printing.
Jacob J. Lew
Secretary of the Treasury