DATE: February 13, 2003
ADMINISTRATIVE EDIT: June 12, 2019
SUBJECT: Delegation - Allowances to Former Presidents and Widows
- DELEGATION. By virtue of the authority vested in the Secretary of the Treasury, I hereby delegate to the Commissioner of the Bureau of the Fiscal Service the authority of the Secretary of the Treasury relating to the administration of funds made available to pay monetary allowances to former Presidents and widows of former Presidents.
- SCOPE. This order applies to all bureaus, offices, and organizations in the Department of the Treasury, including the offices of inspectors general within the Department. The provisions of this order shall not be construed to interfere with or impede the authorities or independence of the Department’s Inspector General, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, or the Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program.
- REDELEGATION. The Commissioner may redelegate within the Bureau of the Fiscal Service the authority delegated by this Order.
- CANCELLATION. Treasury Order 145-04, Delegation - Allowances to Former Presidents and Widows, dated July 2, 1979, is hereby superseded.
- 31 U.S.C. 321(b).
- The Act approved August 25, 1958, as amended (Public Law 85-745; 3 U.S.C. 102 note).
John W. Snow
Secretary of the Treasury