DATE: September 29, 2004
REAFFIRMED: June 11, 2021
SUBJECT: Delegation of Authority to the Director, United States Mint, Under 31 U.S.C. § 333, Misuse of Treasury Name or Symbol
- DELEGATION. By virtue of the authority vested in the Secretary of the Treasury by 5 U.S.C. § 301, 302; 31 U.S.C. § 321(b)(2); 31 U.S.C. § 304(b)(2); and 31 U.S.C. § 333, there is hereby delegated to the Director, United States Mint, the authority to assess civil penalties under 31 U.S.C. § 333 involving:
- (a) the misuse of the name or symbol of the United States Mint, or the title or name of the Director or any United States Mint employee; or
- (b) the misuse of the name or symbol of the Department of the Treasury, or the title or name of the Secretary or any Treasury employee, in connection with activities related to United States Mint operations and programs.
- CIVIL PENALTY AUTHORITY. The Director, United States Mint, will assess, mitigate and collect civil penalties in accordance with 31 U.S.C. § 333 and United States Mint regulations promulgated for this purpose.
- REDELEGATION. The authority delegated by this Order may be redelegated.
- AUTHORITIES. 5 U.S.C. §§ 301, 302; 31 U.S.C. § 321(b)(2); 31 U.S.C. § 304(b)(2); and 31 U.S.C. § 333.
- OFFICE OF PRIMARY INTEREST. United States Mint.
John W. Snow
Secretary of the Treasury