Federal Relay Service (FedRelay)
The Federal Relay Service (FedRelay) is a federal government telecommunications service, which enables federal employees who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf/blind, or have speech disabilities equal communication access. Using FedRelay, federal employees may conduct official duties. The FedRelay also allows the general public to conduct business with the federal government and its agencies. Calls are relayed using specially trained Communications Assistants (CA). The CA simply acts as a transparent conduit for the transmittal of information. The FedRelay is accessible domestically (50 states as well as Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, and the District of Columbia) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year (including federal holidays).
All calls are strictly confidential and no records of conversations are maintained.
Toll-Free and Toll Access Numbers for Federal Relay are:
- (800) 877-8339 TTY / ASCII (American Standard Code For Information Interchange)
- (877) 877-6280 VCO (Voice Carry Over)
(877) 877-8982 Speech-to-Speech
(800) 845-6136 Spanish
(800) 877-0996 Customer Service (Voice/TTY, ASCII and Spanish)
(866) 377-8642 Voice
(866) 893-8340 TeleBraille
From non-domestic locations the number is (605) 331-4923.
Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- Tours - The Bureau of Engraving and Printing offers sign language tours
- Accessible Currency – Meaningful Access
- Currency Identifier Apps – EyeNote® & the new IDEAL Currency Identifier – On October 9, 2012, the U.S. Department of Education (Education) announced the launch of its “IDEAL Currency Identifier,” a free downloadable application (app) to assist individuals who are blind or visually impaired to denominate U.S. currency on some mobile devices. The IDEAL Currency Identifier uses advanced image recognition technology to read a note and, in a matter of seconds, provides users with an audible response indicating the note’s denomination. The app, which interacts with Google’s “Eyes-Free” applications, can be downloaded for free on more than 1,250 different wireless devices. The IDEAL Currency Identifier was developed by Apps4Android, Inc., a subsidiary of IDEAL Group that develops mobile applications. Android-based devices are produced by 48 manufacturers and distributed by 60 wireless service providers in 136 countries. For more information about the IDEAL Currency Identifier and other accessibility apps, please visit Meaningful Access.
Internal Revenue Service
- Accessible Forms
- Information Through New Media, including the IRS YouTube Channel with American Sign Language (ASL) videos
- Personal Tax Help
- How to contact the IRS
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
Office of Civil Rights and Diversity - Civil Rights Program
For comments about accessibility to Treasury programs, information about how to file a complaint of discrimination, or to obtain information of a civil rights nature, please contact the Department of the Treasury, Office of Civil Rights and Diversity (OCRD), 1500 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20220, or by e-mail at CRDcomments@treasury.govOCRD employees will make every effort to provide prompt service.