DATE: July 16, 2006
ADMINISTRATIVE EDIT: July 16, 2019
SUBJECT: Order of Succession of Officials Authorized to Act as Fiscal Assistant Secretary
- DELEGATION. This directive authorizes and directs the following officials to act as Fiscal Assistant Secretary in the order set forth and to perform all the functions of the Fiscal Assistant Secretary when the Fiscal Assistant Secretary is absent or unable to serve or when the office is vacant.
- Deputy Assistant Secretary for Fiscal Operations and Policy.
- Deputy Assistant Secretary for Accounting Policy.
- Commissioner, Bureau of the Fiscal Service.
- No individual who is serving in an office listed in section 1a. – c. of this directive in an acting capacity shall, by virtue of so serving, act as the Fiscal Assistant Secretary pursuant to this directive.
- SCOPE. This directive applies to all bureaus, offices, and organizations in the Department of the Treasury, including the offices of inspectors general within the Department. The provisions of this order shall not be construed to interfere with or impede the authorities or independence of the Department’s Inspector General, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, or the Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program.
- 31 U.S.C. 306(d)
- Treasury Order 101-05
- CANCELLATION. Treasury Directive 16-01, "Order of Succession of Officials Authorized to Act as Fiscal Assistant Secretary of the Treasury," dated April 12, 2005, is rescinded.
- OFFICE OF PRIMARY INTEREST. Office of the Fiscal Assistant Secretary.
Donald V. Hammond
Fiscal Assistant Secretary