DATE: November 10, 1992
ADMINISTRATIVE EDIT: July 9, 2019
SUBJECT:Signing Regulations Governing Treasury Checks
- DELEGATION. By the authority granted to the Fiscal Assistant Secretary by Treasury Order (TO) 101-05, I hereby delegate to the Commissioner, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, the authority of the Secretary of the Treasury to sign regulations governing the rights and duties of the United States on checks drawn against the Treasury of the United States, and on checks drawn against depositaries of public money. The Commissioner, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, shall sign any such regulations under this authority in that official's capacity and under that official's title and shall be responsible for referring to the Fiscal Assistant Secretary any matter on which action shall appropriately be taken by the Fiscal Assistant Secretary. To the extent necessary, I hereby ratify and confirm any actions taken by the Commissioner, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, in exercise of the authorities delegated herein.
- SCOPE. This directive applies to all bureaus, offices, and organizations in the Department of the Treasury, including the offices of inspectors general within the Department. The provisions of this order shall not be construed to interfere with or impede the authorities or independence of the Department’s Inspector General, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, or the Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program.
- REDELEGATION. The authority delegated to the Commissioner, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, may be redelegated to subordinate personnel.
- CANCELLATION. Treasury Directive 16-12, "Signing Regulations Governing Treasury Checks, dated September 22, 1986, is superseded.
- AUTHORITY. TO 101-05, "Reporting Relationships and Supervision of Officials, Offices and Bureaus, Delegation of Certain Authority, and Order of Succession in the Department of the Treasury.
- OFFICE OF PRIMARY INTEREST. Office of the Fiscal Assistant Secretary.
Fiscal Assistant Secretary