DATE: December 21, 1992
ADMINISTRATIVE EDIT: July 9, 2019
SUBJECT: Sureties and Surety Bonds
- DELEGATION. By virtue of the authority vested in the Secretary under 31 U.S.C. 321(b), and by virtue of the authority delegated to the Fiscal Assistant Secretary by Treasury Order (TO) 101-05, the authority of the Secretary of the Treasury under Chapter 93 of Title 31, United States Code (31 U.S.C. 9301 et seq.), "Sureties and Surety Bonds," is hereby delegated to the Commissioner, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, together with the authority to issue regulations to carry out those responsibilities. Any regulations shall be issued in accordance with the procedures set forth in Treasury Directive (TD) 28-01, "Preparation and Review of Regulations."
- SCOPE. This directive applies to all bureaus, offices, and organizations in the Department of the Treasury, including the offices of inspectors general within the Department. The provisions of this order shall not be construed to interfere with or impede the authorities or independence of the Department’s Inspector General, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, or the Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program.
- REFERENCE. 31 CFR Parts 223, 224, and 225.
- AUTHORITY. TO 101-05, "Reporting Relationships and Supervision of Officials, Offices and Bureaus, Delegation of Certain Authority, and order of Succession in the Department of the Treasury."
- CANCELLATION. TD 16-34, "Sureties and Surety Bonds," dated September 22, 1986, is superseded.
- OFFICE OF PRIMARY INTEREST. Office of the Fiscal Assistant Secretary.
Fiscal Assistant Secretary