DATE: November 12, 1998
ADMINISTRATIVE EDIT: August 12, 2019
SUBJECT: Determination of Eligible Types of Collateral Acceptable to Secure Deposits of Public Moneys and Other Financial Interests of the Government; Valuation of Such Collateral
- DELEGATION. By virtue of the authority granted to the Fiscal Assistant Secretary by Treasury Order (TO) 101-05, the Commissioner, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, is delegated the authority to determine the eligible types of collateral, and methods of valuation thereof, that are acceptable to be pledged to secure deposits of public moneys and other financial interests of the government pursuant to 12 U.S.C. 90, 12 U.S.C. 265-266, 12 U.S.C. 391, 12 U.S.C. 1452(d), 12 U.S.C. 1464(k), 12 U.S.C. 1789a, 12 U.S.C. 2013, 12 U.S.C. 2122, 31 U.S.C. 323, 31 U.S.C. 3303, 31 U.S.C. 9301, and 31 U.S.C. 9303, and other similar law under the jurisdiction of the Secretary of the Treasury, and to perform any functions necessary to effect such determination. The Commissioner, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, shall be responsible for referring to the Fiscal Assistant Secretary any matters on which action should be appropriately taken by the Fiscal Assistant Secretary.
- SCOPE. This directive applies to all bureaus, offices, and organizations in the Department of the Treasury, including the offices of inspectors general within the Department. The provisions of this order shall not be construed to interfere with or impede the authorities or independence of the Department’s Inspector General, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, or the Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program.
- REDELEGATION. The Commissioner, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, may redelegate this authority in writing to officials of the Bureau of the Fiscal Service, and it may be exercised in the individual capacity and under the individual title of each official receiving such authority.
- REGULATIONS. The issuance of any regulations pursuant to this Directive shall be by the Commissioner of the Bureau of the Fiscal Service in accordance with Treasury Directive 28-01, "Preparation and Review of Regulations."
- TO 101-05, "Reporting Relationships and Supervision of Officials, Offices and Bureaus, Delegation of Certain Authority, and Order of Succession in the Department of the Treasury."
- 12 U.S.C. 90; 12 U.S.C. 265-266; 12 U.S.C. 391; 12 U.S.C. 1452(d); 12 U.S.C. 1464(k); 12 U.S.C. 1789a; 12 U.S.C. 2013; 12 U.S.C. 2122; 31 U.S.C. 323; 31 U.S.C. 3303; 31 U.S.C. 9301; and 31 U.S.C. 9303.
- OFFICE OF PRIMARY INTEREST. Government Securities Regulations Staff, Bureau of the Fiscal Service.
Donald V. Hammond
Fiscal Assistant Secretary