Each state of the United States, the District of Columbia, or territory’s share of these jurisdictions’ portion of the $1.5 billion SEDI allocation will be based on the percentage of the jurisdiction’s total population residing in Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) Investment Areas, as defined in 2 C.F.R. § 1805.201(b)(3)(ii), relative to the total population residing in all CDFI Investment Areas.
*The CDFI Fund evaluates Puerto Rico, but not other territories, in identifying CDFI Investment Areas. For purposes of the SSBCI, Treasury has also evaluated American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands and has determined that these territories in their entirety constitute CDFI Investment Areas, because each of these territories has a poverty rate of at least 20 percent. See 12 C.F.R. § 1805.201(b)(3)(ii)(D)(1).
CDFI INVESTMENT AREAs BY ADDRESS
In order to search CDFI Investment Areas by address, follow these instructions:
- Visit the CDFI Public Viewer
- The top left portion of the site gives three options: “DETAILS”, “LAYERS”, and “LEGEND.” To start, under the option for “LAYERS”, ensure you have selected “2015 CDFI Tract.” With the link above, the 2015 CDFI tract should already be selected.
- At the top left, enter the address (including the city and state) and click “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Once you click “Enter”, a list of possible addresses will be generated in drop-down format. Select the correct address from the drop-down and a map that includes your address will appear.
- From this map, you will need to click on the portion of the map that represents the address you are checking (sometimes buildings will pop up, but sometimes not – click as closely as possible to the location of the address on the map). To help determine the location on the map that represents your address, it may be helpful to put the address in an external mapping tool.
- Once you click on the outline of the building, the Census Tract FIPS for the building will pop up. Once the Census Tract FIPS pops up, click on the “DETAILS” section on the top left portion of the site, which will provide certain address-specific data. If the field, “IAQualified” indicates “Yes”, the address is located in a qualified CDFI Investment Area. If the “IAQualified” field is equal to “No”, the address is not located in a qualified CDFI Investment Area.
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.