On January 18, 2007, the President issued Executive Order 13422, and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issued its Final Bulletin for Agency Good Guidance Practices (72 FR 3432) establishing policies and procedures for the development, issuance, and use of significant guidance documents by Executive Branch departments and agencies. OMB issued the Bulletin to increase the quality and transparency of federal agency guidance practices, including guidance documents.
Treasury Guidance Documents: Guidance documents issued by the Department of the Treasury that meet the definition of “significant” under the OMB Final Bulletin for Agency Good Guidance Practices, will be published on this web page and the public will have an opportunity to submit comments on the document. If a Treasury bureau issues a significant guidance document, the bureau will publish the document to its website and a link will be established from this web page.
Comments & Questions
If you have comments on significant guidance documents or would like to request that the Department issue, reconsider, modify, or rescind significant guidance documents, please email us to submit the comment/request.
- Comments and complaints about Treasury’s compliance with Good Guidance Practices should include the publication title, date, publication number, and Web page address (URL).
- When submitting a comment or complaint, please identify the particular guidance document you are addressing and the office or bureau that issued the document.
- Requests that a significant guidance document be issued should include a detailed description of the specific guidance document.
Public comments under these procedures are for the benefit of the agency and do not require formal response by the agency. The Department will review requests, complaints and questions, determine whether an action is warranted and, if so, what action to take.
Inventory of Treasury Significant Guidance Documents:
- Departmental Offices; Interim Guidance Concerning the Terrorism Risk Insurance Reauthorization Act of 2007
- Best Practices for Residential Covered Bonds