Making Home Affordable Data Files
The purpose of the Making Home Affordable © (MHA) Data Files is to provide the general public with a comprehensive view of the MHA programs to more fully understand their impact in a continued commitment to transparency. Because protecting the identities of MHA participants is of primary importance, the Treasury Department conducts a thorough analysis and takes steps to ensure the anonymity of individual borrowers.
The information contained in these files is data reported by servicers. Please consult the appropriate MHA Data File User Guide for a description of certain data quality issues and variances which could affect the use or interpretation of the data. Treasury and the MHA Program Administrator continue to work with servicers to monitor data quality and remediate known issues. Most sets are subdivided into ten geographic regions that cover the United States and its territories. The data are presented in comma separated value (CSV) format.
The MHA Data File consists of three sets of loan-level mortgage modification data: The First Lien Modification Program, the Second Lien Modification Program, and the Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives Program.
The First Lien Modification Program contains three files: The Loan Modification File, the Net Present Value (NPV) file, and the HAMP Performance Supplemental File. PRA, UP, Treasury FHA-HAMP, and RD-HAMP are included in the First Lien Modification files, with 2MP and HAFA in separate files. The HAMP Performance Supplemental Data File provides continued updates and monthly loan performance data for completed modifications under HAMP, Treasury FHA-HAMP and RD-HAMP.MHA transactions were required to be completed by December 1, 2017. The following files are cumulative through the end of December 31, 2017 and will remain static due to the end of the programs:
- Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives (HAFA) Program
- Loan Modification File
- The HAMP Performance Supplemental File 2009-December 2017 - inclusive of monthly loan performance from program inception through December 2017.
The following files are cumulative and will be updated on a monthly basis:
- Second Lien Modification Program (2MP)
- The HAMP Performance Supplemental File Monthly Update - inclusive of the latest modification status and monthly loan performance from January 2018 through the latest publication month.
Please download and review the following materials for useful information regarding the files below:
- Making Home Affordable Data File Summary
- Making Home Affordable Data File User Guide
- Making Home Affordable Data File Data Dictionary
- HAMP Performance Supplemental Data File User Guide
MHA Data FilesNote: These are large files that may take a long time to download.
If you have a technical question about the Making Home Affordable Data Files, please email us at: