Treasury has obligated and distributed 99.99% of funds to eligible state, territorial, local, and Tribal governments across the country. These funds are being used to provide an equitable economic recovery in communities across the country.
Congress allocated Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds to tens of thousands of eligible state, local, territorial, and tribal governments. These allocations include:
|States & District of Columbia
|Non-entitlement Units of Local Government
The Coronavirus State Fiscal Recovery Fund provides $20 billion to support Tribal governments.
Additional Information for Tribal Governments
To protect the privacy of Tribal government information, each Tribal government will receive its allocation amount after submitting its request for funding in the Treasury Submission Portal.
TRANCHING OF FUNDS
Local governments received funds in two tranches, with 50% provided beginning in May 2021 and the balance delivered approximately 12 months later. States that have experienced a net increase in the unemployment rate of more than 2 percentage points from February 2020 to the latest available data as of the date of certification received their full allocation of funds in a single payment; other states received funds in two equal tranches. Governments of U.S. territories received a single payment. Tribal governments received two payments, with the first payment available in May and the second payment, based on employment data, delivered in June 2021.
More detailed information about funding amounts can be found in the allocation tables above.
Treasury has obligated and distributed 99.9% of funds to eligible state, territorial, local, and Tribal governments across the country, which are being used to make a difference in communities.
Additional Information on Split Payments to State Governments
HOW TO REQUEST FUNDING
Eligible state, territorial, metropolitan city, county, and Tribal governments may request their allocation of Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds through the Treasury Submission Portal.
- 2022 Final Rule
- Overview of the 2022 Final Rule
- SLFRF FAQs
- 2023 Interim Final Rule
- Obligation Interim Final Rule
- Obligation Interim Final Rule Quick Reference Guide
- Overview of the 2023 Interim Final Rule
- Guidance on Distribution of Funds to Non-entitlement Units of Local Government
- List of Local Governments
- Non-entitlement Unit of Local Government Definitional and Data Methodology
- Overview of NEU Distribution Guidance (Webinar Deck for State Governments)
- Interim Final Rule FAQs (Main)
- FAQs (on Distribution of Funds to NEUs)
- Non-entitlement Unit of Local Government Checklist for Requesting Initial Payment
- Award Terms and Conditions for Non-entitlement Units of Local Government
- Assurances of Compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Status of Payments to States for Distribution to Non-entitlement Units of Local Government
- Compliance and Reporting
- Update on Interpretation for the 75 Percent Budget Cap Calculation (NEUs) (06/30/21)