State, territorial, metropolitan city, county, Tribal governments, and non-entitlement units of local government that receive funding under the State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds program have compliance and reporting requirements as provided in their Financial Assistance Agreement. These requirements support transparency, responsibility, and equity in use of these vital resources.
Compliance and Reporting Guidance
The most recent Compliance and Reporting Guidance for SLFRF recipients is now available (last updated December 14, 2023).
Reporting User Guide
Recipients should refer to the following user guides for step-by-step guidance for submitting the required SLFRF reports using Treasury’s Portal.
- January 2024 Project and Expenditure Report User Guide
- October 2023 Project and Expenditure Report User Guide
- Previous Project and Expenditure Report User Guides
Resources for Recovery Plan Performance Reports
States, territories, and metropolitan cities and counties with greater than 250,000 residents are required to submit to Treasury and publicly post on their website an annual Recovery Plan Performance Report each July.
- Compliance and Reporting Guidance (see section on Recovery Plan Performance Reports)
- Recovery Plan Performance Report User Guide
- Recovery Plan Template
Accessing the Treasury Reporting Portal
- Treasury Portal Instructions - Login.gov
- Treasury Portal Instructions - ID.me
- Compliance Portal Login and Account Validation
- Updating User Roles in Portal
Get Assistance Reporting Resources
Treasury has developed a wide variety of videos to help recipients access, complete, and submit reports.
- 2022 Final Rule
- Overview of the 2022 Final Rule
- SLFRF FAQs
- 2023 Interim Final Rule
- Obligation Interim Final Rule
- Obligation Interim Final Rule Quick Reference Guide
- Overview of the 2023 Interim Final Rule
- Guidance on Distribution of Funds to Non-entitlement Units of Local Government
- List of Local Governments
- Non-entitlement Unit of Local Government Definitional and Data Methodology
- Overview of NEU Distribution Guidance (Webinar Deck for State Governments)
- Interim Final Rule FAQs (Main)
- FAQs (on Distribution of Funds to NEUs)
- Non-entitlement Unit of Local Government Checklist for Requesting Initial Payment
- Award Terms and Conditions for Non-entitlement Units of Local Government
- Assurances of Compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Status of Payments to States for Distribution to Non-entitlement Units of Local Government
- Compliance and Reporting
- Update on Interpretation for the 75 Percent Budget Cap Calculation (NEUs) (06/30/21)